Vimeo is one of the most powerful video hosting platforms that provides delivery of high-definition videos to its subscribers with additional tools for the creation of videos, editing, and broadcasting of videos. The Vimeo subscribers can interact with their professional clients through the platform by activating the application on their device through vimeo.com/activate.
In this article, we are trying to give our readers a brief description of the activation of the Vimeo app and the supported platforms available to access the Vimeo app. Certain platforms are obsolete for the Vimeo app and are also mentioned at the end of the article.
HOW TO ACTIVATE AND ACCESS VIMEO TV APPS:
Users can access Vimeo apps on their TV sets by following the below guidelines:
- Go to the login option in the application through your official TV app for Apple TV, Android TV, or Amazon Fire TV. An activation code will have appeared on the TV screen.
- Visit vimeo.com/activate on your computer or mobile device and enter the activation code which appeared on your TV screen, and select the option of Connect Device.
- The TV app will reload and users can log in to their account.
SUPPORTED TV APP PLATFORMS:
Video videos can be watched on the following popular devices, other than the computer:
- Apple TV (4th generation and 5th generation besides 4k models running tvOS – Go to the Vimeo application through the app store.
- Roku devices – Search for Vimeo in the Roku channel store or to visit the app list.
- Android TV devices – Will get Vimeo in the Google Play Store.
- Amazon Fire TV devices – Can launch the Vimeo app on the Amazon Fire TV device by visiting the app list.
- Chromecast – Search from the Vimeo Android or iOS mobile app.
VIMEO SUPPORTED PLATFORMS THAT ARE DISCONTINUED:
In the technology world, there are several mobiles and TV app which have come and gone, which affects the discontinuation of Vimeo on these devices. Vimeo apps are no longer supported on the following platforms:
- Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)
- Philips TVs
- Samsung TVs and Blu-ray players
- Sony TVs and Blu-Ray players
- Xbox 360
- Windows 8, Windows 10, and Windows Phone.
TV WEB BROWSERS:
Some smart TV devices provide web browsers that are compatible to access standard websites. The Vimeo website is not tested on the TV web browser and is not supported.
VIMEO APP ON APPLE TV:
Users can have some issues with the quality of video while watching Vimeo videos on the Apple TV app. This could be a device-related issue. Users are advised to recheck the setting. It is recommended to follow the below guidelines to remove the problem on this Apple TV:
- In tvOS, go to the Settings option.
- Selection Video and Audio
- Go to Match Content
- Switch Match Frame Rate on “ON” mode.
Make sure the above setting is done, and the videos will play up to the standards of your satisfaction.